Senior outfielder Caitlin Conrad (left) arrives safely at 1st base during a game against Pittsburgh on March 31 at Buckeye Field. OSU won, 7-3.Credit: Stacie Jackson / Lantern PhotographerWith the Big Ten season coming down the home stretch, the Ohio State softball team wants to keep control of its own fate.“The key will be to beat the teams we know we can,” senior outfielder Caitlin Conrad said before the Buckeyes swept Michigan State last weekend. “By doing this, we can put ourselves in position to get a better seed come tournament time.”Conrad, one of four seniors on the squad, is currently among the hottest hitters on the team with a .394 batting average and is quickly approaching 40 runs batted in to complement her 35 runs scored so far this season.“Caitlin has been the most consistent player for us all season,” coach Kelly Kovach Schoenly said before the team departed for East Lansing, Mich.The Buckeyes scored a total of 29 runs against the Spartans, and have either scored or given up double digits 17 times this season. Conrad said she believes the high-scoring affairs are new to Big Ten softball, changing the way she looks at scoring.“It used to be that if you scored seven runs in a game, you would win,” Conrad said. “Now you need to score 12 or so just to be in the game.”And scoring is what the Buckeyes have been doing lately.To sweep Michigan State, OSU tallied six, eight and 15 runs, respectively, over the course of the three games. The 15-5 win on Sunday came in just five innings.The sweep has the Buckeyes riding a four-game win streak entering a week when they will be facing both Penn State and Rutgers.All five of those games, two against the Nittany Lions and three against the Scarlet Knights, are crucial for the Buckeyes (22-16, 6-6) to get better position in the conference and achieve their ultimate goal: making it to regionals in the NCAA Tournament.“We need to keep winning in order to move up in the Big Ten standings,” senior pitcher Olivia O’Reilly said. “Doing this will put us in a position where we can make it to regionals.”The Buckeyes hit the road to face Penn State for a doubleheader on Wednesday. The team lost 7-6 in the first game before falling, 11-6, in the nightcap. They are then set to return home to face Rutgers over the weekend.Despite getting the opportunity to play all over the country, Schoenly said she believes there is nothing like playing at home.“I love to play at home,” Schoenly said. “Of course it’s great to travel other places but there is nothing like home. We love having fans come out to our games. Columbus has a really good softball community.”With home in mind, Schoenly and the Buckeyes make it a point to travel and play in each woman’s hometown at least once during a player’s career as a member of the Scarlet and Gray.“We have the opportunity to play all over the country,” Schoenly said. “So we try to travel to every girls’ hometown during their career.”With 13 Ohioans on the team, eight of whom are from Central Ohio, playing at home can be that much more welcoming.The Buckeyes’ series against Rutgers is set to start on Friday at 6 p.m. at Buckeye Field.
Mohamed Salah has been impressive this season so far and not just in the Premier League but also in the Champions League where he managed to guide his team to the final game as they will face Real Madrid there.Sergio Ramos, the Real Madrid skipper, insisted that he doesn’t fear anybody and Mohamed Salah is just one of the eleven players that made it to the finals – and he is not unstoppable.The Spain international spoke about the upcoming battle with Salah as he said, according to Mirror:“We have seen what Salah can do this season, but he will just be one of eleven players we face against Liverpool.”Report: Origi cause Klopp injury concerns George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Divock Origi injury in today’s game against Newcastle is a cause for concern for Jurgen Klopp.Perhaps with one eye on Tuesday’s trip to Italy…“Throughout my career, I have faced the best forward players in the world — many of them who are considered among the greatest ever.”“For me, there is never a fear. A respect, yes, but never a fear.”“We can’t be arrogant but we can be confident. We know it is in the DNA of Real Madrid to win the Champions League.”
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho was seen scouting Burnley in their 1–1 draw against Olympiakos on Thursday night, according to Mirror Football.The United boss was in attendance as Burnley failed to overturn a 3-1 deficit which meant they failed to make it to the group stages of this season’s UEFA Europe League.Now, last season’s seventh place side can refocus on domestic affairs, after a difficult start to the season has left them with just one point from their opening three matchesThe Clarets next host Manchester United and Jose Mourinho who have had a difficult start to the season after suffering defeats in their last two games.United were dismantled 3-0 at home by Tottenham Hotspur on Monday and lost 3-2 away at Brighton & Hove Albion a well before that.Mourinho: “Lionel Messi made me a better coach” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho believes the experience of going up against Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi at Real Madrid made him a greater coach.Mourinho’s position at United is under increasing scrutiny, particularly amid suggestions that his relationship with executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward is waning.The former Chelsea gaffer who was spotted wearing a hoodie and cap, was joined by members of his backroom staff as they evaluated Dyche’s side.The Special One may well have been trying to stay out of the limelight, but that didn’t stop one young fan seeking him out, with Mourinho smiling as he signed the boy’s programme.The enigmatic Portuguese was sat in the stands first-team coach Silvino Louro and scout Ricardo Formosinho.
The UEFA president criticized the notion that the Spain-Portugal-Morocco bid will not be supported by the federationSpain, Portugal, and Morocco are studying the idea of bidding for the 2030 FIFA World Cup.This would be the first Europe/Africa tournament, as the old Mediterranean Games.But for UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin, this is not a good idea.England and Bulgaria on a collision course over racism George Patchias – September 13, 2019 England’s concerns over racism in Bulgaria has sparked a furious row.Recently England manager Gareth Southgate expressed his concern over racist abuse being aimed at…“I’m not in favor of cross-confederation bids, to be honest,” he told The Balls.“Someone should say to the politicians it’s not up to them to speak about who will be hosts for sports events or not.”“I’ve seen many politicians saying that they will be candidates for this or that but they need to speak to their member associations. Some of them don’t even know about the public statements of the politicians,” he added.Ceferin promised to “do whatever I can to have one European bid because that raises the chances of Europe hosting the World Cup extremely.”
Roma sporting director Ramon Monchi has pleaded with the club fans to exercise patience as they work on rediscovering their form.The Spaniard has been under scrutiny for his poor transfer business over the summer, with the exit of Alisson, Kevin Strootman and Radja Nainggolan all slowing down the club’s progress.However, Nainggolan’s sale did bring Zaniolo in exchange, and the youngster has been one of the bright lights so far.“I think the fans will eventually begin to understand what my idea is,” Monchi assured in an interview with Football Italia, which will be broadcast in full on New Year’s Day.Chris Smalling open to a permanent AS Roma deal Andrew Smyth – September 6, 2019 Chris Smalling can “definitely see a longer-term future” for himself at AS Roma should things work out on his loan spell from Manchester United.“I know that there’s no time in football, but I know the way we work and I hope we’ll be right.“As for Zaniolo, when we were negotiating we had two requests: him and [Andrei] Radu. Radu had already gone to Genoa though.“Inter didn’t want to sell Zaniolo, they’re not stupid, but given that they wanted to take Radja it was only logical they’d have to give something up.“The deal wouldn’t have collapsed without Zaniolo, it wasn’t an either/or situation. I have to say, I didn’t think Zaniolo would be so decisive right away.”
In October 2016, the Professional Teaching Practices Commission proposed twelve changes to the Code of Ethics of the Education Profession. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska Professional Teaching Practices Commision has added flirting, sexting, and inappropriate touching to the list of things that teachers are not allowed to do with students. The first changed went into effect back in September, including broadening what constitutes ‘sexual misconduct’ and expanding anti-discrimination policy to protect a student’s gender identity. Additional changes are still under review according to the Commision, including a proposal that would not allow for a teacher to get romantically involved with a student for one year after their graduation. Jim Seitz, executive director of the Professional Teaching Practices Commission, says “the state’s code of ethics had not been updated since 2005.” Story as aired: Audio PlayerJennifer-on-school-code-of-ethics-changed.mp3VmJennifer-on-school-code-of-ethics-changed.mp300:00RPd The Commission made further revisions during their January 2017 meeting and then voted to accept all twelve proposals. The next commission meeting is set for January 29-31, 2018. The Professional Teaching Practices Commission is composed of five teachers, one superintendent, one principal, one representative of the Department of Education & Early Development, and one representative of higher education.
2020 BMW M340i review: A dash of M makes everything better 0 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class is the pinnacle of tech… Post a comment 74 Photos Share your voice Preview • 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class first drive: If it ain’t broke… 2020 Hyundai Palisade review: Posh enough to make Genesis jealous Now playing: Watch this: 1:51 Enlarge ImageBased on all the new stuff in here, a five-grand bump almost seems low. Mercedes-Benz When an automaker introduces a new generation of vehicle, it’s usually loaded with the latest and greatest features, which can cause the price to rise anywhere between a little and a lot. In the case of the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class, the price hike is on the higher side, but what you get in return makes it feel worth it.The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS450 will start at $76,195, including $995 for destination and handling, the automaker announced on Monday. That’s a decent bump over the outgoing 2019 model, which started at $71,145. That might seem like a big shift, but one look at what you’re getting will put those concerns to rest.Whereas the 2019 GLS450 used a twin-turbocharged V6, the new GLS450 relies on a 3.0-liter inline-6 in conjunction with Mercedes’ EQ Boost 48-volt mild hybrid technology, which can add up to 21 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque as one’s right foot demands it. Additional features not found on the last-generation GLS include keyless entry, LED headlights, a power passenger seat, 64-color ambient lighting, satellite radio, wireless device charging and 9 USB ports.The tech takes the new GLS even further away from its forebear. The tired old 7-inch infotainment screen is swapped out in favor of a 12.3-inch display running the new MBUX system, in addition to a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster. There are also so many more safety systems on board, like blind spot monitoring, a parking assistant, a surround-view camera and a warning that aims to prevent people from opening doors into cars or bicyclists. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard for the first time, as well.Of course, this is just one piece of the GLS puzzle. As for the more powerful GLS580, we’ll have to wait a little longer before pricing information is available. The GLS450, though, should be with US dealers by the end of the calendar year. Mercedes-Benz More From Roadshow Tags SUVs Luxury cars 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class brings big luxe to the Big Apple 2020 Kia Telluride review: Kia’s new SUV has big style and bigger value More about 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 SUV Mercedes-Benz
African pay TV provider MultiChoice has partnered with multiscreen technology specialist Clearleap, which will offer an IP solution for the delivery of OTT and VoD content.MultiChoice will deploy Clearleap’s multiscreen video and digital asset management systems to deliver TV content across “every screen and device,” allowing it to monetise its library of live and on-demand content across VoD, web portals and apps.“We’re always looking for ways to improve our customers’ experience and ensure that they can get the content they love, wherever and whenever. Clearleap makes this a reality,” said Gerdus Van Eeden, CEO, broadcast technology, MultiChoice.“The shift to digital and OTT distribution is only going to accelerate, and by leveraging Clearleap’s technology we’re several steps ahead of the game. Knowing that our content will be quickly delivered to the right platforms in the right formats means we can focus on our core business and continue to excite our subscribers with a world of entertainment.”