Category :risxyrxt

first_imgIndonesia has set aside Rp 436.1 trillion (US$28.12 billion) from the 2020 state budget for medical needs, social safety net programs, relief for small and medium businesses, as well as relief for manufacturing and tourism-related companies to handle the impacts of the COVID-19 crisis.Some 9.46 million taxpayers have filed their annual tax returns as of Friday, a decrease of 8.8 percent from 11.33 million taxpayers recorded during the same period last year, according to data from Finance Ministry’s Taxation Directorate General. Meanwhile, 412,166 firms have filed their tax returns this year, a decline from last year’s figure of 452,027 firms.“Businesses who have already filed their tax returns will get corporate tax cuts,” Suryo told reporters, calling for more businesses to file their annual tax returns.The government will cut corporate income tax from the current 25 percent to 22 percent for this year and next year, according to Regulation in Lieu of Law No. 1/2020. It will further cut corporate income tax to 20 percent starting in 2022.The Taxation Directorate General has canceled direct face-to-face services and is advising all taxpayers to use online facilities for filing their annual tax returns in compliance with the government’s social distancing policy to help limit the spread of COVID-19.The pandemic has infected nearly 3 million people around the globe, including 9,096 in Indonesia, forcing factories, retail shops and schools to close amid government-imposed lockdowns and social restrictions. This will result in a decline in tax revenue for the government as it expects a widening budget deficit of 5.07 percent.State revenue in the first quarter was up 7.7 percent year-on-year (yoy) at Rp 375.9 trillion after state-owned banks paid large dividends. Tax revenue, however, contracted 2.5 percent to Rp 241.6 trillion in the first quarter.Topics : Indonesia’s tax office has decided to keep the annual tax return (SPTs) filing deadline of April 30 for individuals and firms as filings have dropped significantly during the COVID-19 pandemic.The government, however, will postpone the deadline for individuals and firms to submit required documents to June 30, as the pandemic has disrupted businesses and social activities, said tax office chief Suryo Utomo.“This annual tax payment is crucial to handle the COVID-19 crisis, which needs huge funds,” Suryo told a teleconferenced press briefing held by the country’s COVID-19 task force on Monday. “Please file your tax returns before the deadline.”last_img read more

first_img8 Ivy Crescent, WakerleyA CUSTOM designed home in Wakerley has sold for $1.315 million.RE/MAX Advantage marketing specialist Todd Gerhardt said the house at 8 Ivy Crescent was the highest sale ever achieved in Wakerley for a property that wasn’t on acreage.He said the design of the home, which was built five years ago, was what attracted the high price.“The owners had designed the home themselves to suit the block,” Mr Gerhardt said.He told a young couple about the property before it hit the market and they instantly decided to buy because it was what they were looking for.More from newsCrowd expected as mega estate goes under the hammer7 Aug 2020Hard work, resourcefulness and $17k bring old Ipswich home back to life20 Apr 20208 Ivy Crescent, Wakerley“It was actually under contract when it went onto the internet,” Mr Gerhardt said.“I think it was the property itself, they fell in love with it.”He said there was high demand for new and modern homes in the area.“At the moment, in this price range, there’s no other homes like it available,” Mr Gerhardt said.“There are (more) coming up but you have got to move fast when you see them.”According to the latest CoreLogic market trends data, the median sale price for a house in Wakerley is $745,000.last_img read more

first_imgGermany’s pension fund association, the aba, has called for national or European bodies to support the industry’s investment in infrastructure by assessing the risk associated with individual projects.Responding to a report by the European Parliament’s committee on economic and monetary affairs (ECON) report examining the long-term financing of the Continent’s economy, the association said that bodies such as the European Investment Bank (EIB) could potentially support Germany’s occupational pensions (bAV) sector, as they so far had little experience of infrastructure investment and were unlikely to become experts in the “niche area” in the near term.The position paper said: “The new assets in the field of long-term investment require more credit analysis and greater credit-analysis skills than existing assets, such as low-risk securities.”Echoing PensionEurope’s own position paper on European Long-Term Investment Funds (ELTIF), the aba also said it would be helpful if the EIB stepped in and guaranteed certain projects. The call comes shortly after asset manager Mirova suggested that fund managers behind ELTIFs should be bound by a ‘comply or explain’ approach on their socially responsible investment strategy.The aba further called on the Parliament to accept that, if the European Commission were to introduce capital requirements for pension funds – as long proposed through the revised IORP Directive – it should also call for an investigation into the impact of the regulation on long-term investing, similar to the one underway to investigate the impact of Solvency II on insurers.The association also reiterated its dislike of the financial transaction tax, saying it “should be avoided for the bAV sector in general – and not only in regard to long-term investments”.“Reductions in the pensions payable in Germany of an estimated 3-8% as a result of the introduction of the proposed financial transaction tax are not acceptable,” it said.,WebsitesWe are not responsible for the content of external sitesLink to the aba’s position paper on long-term financing of the European economylast_img read more

first_imgOffshore WIND Conference is proud to announce a first for the event: the final speaker of the conference will be two distinguished guests from the European Space Agency. They will be discussing where space technology meets offshore wind and how these two industries can work together to improve future offshore wind farms and applications in the session titled: ‘Space meets wind’. During the session, Davide Coppela and Rita Rinaldo, both from the Downstream Business Applications Department of ESA will be speaking.More information on the Offshore WIND Conference can be found on the website www.offshorewindconference.biz. You can also book your delegate  seats via the website.Offshore WIND Conference 2017Themed Leading the way, the Offshore WIND Conference 2017 will focus on the opportunities for the offshore wind sector over the next ten years and beyond. What will upcoming tenders offer the supply chain (short term)? What are the trends and opportunities after 2023? While also tackling subtopics such as cost reduction, innovations, subsidy and cooperation with the oil and gas industries.last_img read more

first_imgSamsung Heavy Industries (SHI), one of major shipbuilders in South Korea, has agreed to pay total penalties of more than USD 75 million to resolve the US government’s investigation into violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) arising out of a scheme to pay millions of dollars in bribes to Brazilian officials.Beginning in 2007 and continuing until 2013, SHI provided about USD 20 million in commission payments to a Brazilian intermediary, knowing that portions of the money would be paid as bribes to officials at Petrobras, the Brazilian state-owned oil and state-controlled energy company.As explained, SHI made the corrupt payments to secure improper business advantages and to cause Petrobras to enter into a contract to charter a drillship that SHI was selling to a Houston-based offshore oil drilling company, which facilitated SHI executing the sale of the drillship.“Samsung Heavy Industries paid millions of dollars to a Brazilian intermediary, knowing that some of that money would be used to bribe high-level executives at Petrobras and obtain a lucrative shipbuilding contract,” Assistant Attorney General  Brian A. Benczkowski of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, said.“Samsung Heavy Industries caused millions of dollars in corrupt bribe payments to be paid to foreign officials to win business, upsetting what should have been a level playing field for other companies that followed the rules,” U.S. Attorney G. Zachary Terwilliger of the Eastern District of Virginia, commented.SHI entered into a deferred prosecution agreement with the US Department of Justice in connection with a criminal information charging the company with conspiracy to violate the anti-bribery provisions of the FCPA.Pursuant to its agreement with the US DOJ, the shipbuilder has committed to pay a total criminal penalty of USD 75,481,600. Half of that amount will be paid within 10 business days to the US government, and the other half will be paid within the next 12 months either to the Brazilian government if a separate resolution is reached with Brazilian authorities or to the US government if no such payment is made to Brazil during that 12-month period.In related proceedings in Brazil, Samsung Heavy Industries entered into a memorandum of understanding with the Controladoria-Geral da União (CGU) and Advogado-Geral da União (AGU) and a complementary agreement for the negotiation of a leniency agreement with the Ministério Público Federal (MPF).“We deeply regret the company’s involvement in these events, which is contrary to our values and ethical standards,” Joon Ou Nam, CEO of SHI, said in a separate statement.“Many of the events described in our agreement happened more than a decade ago, and the individuals involved are no longer with the company. Over the past years, we have taken extensive steps, at our own initiative, to strengthen our anti-corruption compliance program to meet the highest standards of compliance and ethics,” he added.last_img read more

first_imgNZ Herald 21 April 2015A group opposed to euthanasia says allowing terminally ill woman Lecretia Seales to take a lethal dose of drugs would have far-reaching impacts on New Zealand society.Ms Seales, 42, is dying from brain cancer and says she has a right to end her life with medical assistance before her suffering becomes unendurable.In a hearing in the High Court at Wellington today, three groups are seeking to join Ms Seales’ case and have their say in court.The Human Rights Commission, Care Alliance Trust and Voluntary Euthanasia Society want to weigh in on the legal challenge.Care Alliance, a coalition opposed to euthanasia and assisted suicide, said groups that worked with the elderly, infirm and in the field of suicide prevention had to be heard.http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=11436068Terminally ill Wellington woman begins fight to die3News 21 April 2015Groups opposed to voluntary suicide say a terminally ill Wellington lawyer’s bid to legally end her own life sets a dangerous precedent which will harm society’s more vulnerable people.The Care Alliance wants to be heard in the case of Lecretia Seales, the 42-year-old who has terminal brain cancer and is asking the High Court to uphold her right to die at the time of her choosing.She has asked the court for a declaratory judgment that would protect her GP from criminal prosecution if, and when, her doctor assists her to die.Ms Seales argues that under section nine of the New Zealand Bill of Rights Act, she has a right not to be subjected to cruel, degrading or disproportionately severe treatment.The case will be heard next month between Ms Seales’ lawyers and the Attorney-General.http://www.3news.co.nz/nznews/terminally-ill-wellington-woman-begins-fight-to-die-2015042105#axzz3Xz9QJiAflast_img read more

first_img Sharing is caring! LocalNews Fisheries minister gives 10th CWA two thumbs up by: – October 18, 2011 Share Share Sharecenter_img Tweet Dr. Kenneth DarrouxThe just concluded 10th Caribbean Week of Agriculture held in Dominica is testimony that the country is capable of hosting major forums.That’s the word coming from Dominica’s Minister for the Environment, Natural Resources, Physical Planning and Fisheries Dr. Kenneth Darroux.He says there were doubts in the minds of many, that Dominica could not handle an event of such magnitude, but according to him, the country was able to attract high level officials from around the world and successfully execute the event.“We know that there is a lot of skepticism as to whether a country like ours; given the resources available, could successfully hold such an event and hats off to the organizers. The reviews that came from the organizers were excellent,’ he said.He said the fisheries ministry also played an integral role in the event.Meantime a local businessman is hoping that Dominica would use its experience of the 10th Caribbean Week of Agriculture to revamp the sector. Parry Bellot is calling on the authorities to deal with the challenges facing the sector from its root. He says changes must be adopted in other to sustain the industry. Dominica Vibes News 10 Views   no discussionslast_img read more

first_img Djokovic had an equally tough time against impressive fifth-ranked Medvedev, coming through a top-draw contest 6-1, 5-7, 6-4 on the back of Dusan Lajovic beating Karen Khachanov 7-5, 7-6 (7⁄1). Novak Djokovic battled hard in his win against Russia’s Daniil Medvedev to send Serbia into the final of the ATP Cup Read Also: Serena drops set before reaching Auckland quarters “Alex was playing at a very high level and for me my energy was a little bit lower than usual. But it has been a very emotional evening and a pleasure playing here,” said Nadal. “We know it’s going to be a super tough final (against Serbia),” he added. “Novak likes a lot to play here, he’s had a lot of great results. So let’s see. We have a good team too.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… World number one Nadal ground down pumped-up Australian Alex de Minaur to guide the Davis Cup champions through their semi-final while Djokovic battled past Russia’s Daniil Medvedev. World number one Rafael Nadal indicated he would be one of the players taking part in a fund-raising exhibition match for fire victims ahead of the Australian Open Under the format of the innovative team event in Sydney, the top-ranked singles players from each country play each other, ensuring the two legends clash for a 55th time since their first showdown in 2006. World number two Djokovic leads the head-to-heads 28-26, including beating his arch-rival in the Australian Open final last year. Nadal outlasted De Minaur 4-6, 7-5, 6-1 after unflappable teammate Roberto Bautista Agut tamed Nick Kyrgios 6-1, 6-4.Advertisement Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic will face each other in the final of the inaugural ATP Cup after winning epic three-set matches Saturday to steer Spain and Serbia into the decider. Promoted Content2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksThis Is Probably The Happiest Dog On InstagramCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneThe Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her GrandsonInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Artlast_img read more

first_img Loading… Promoted Content6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeCelebs Who Are Turning 50 This YearCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way10 Characters Who Would Make Astounding Disney PrincessesWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World7 Worst Things To Do To Your PhoneWhat Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All? The heavyweight champion, 30, met the Prince of Wales, 71, at the Commonwealth Day service just 16 days ago. The royal family member remains in “good health” following his diagnosis on Monday night. But as Joshua was alongside the 71-year-old just over two weeks ago, he will remain at home in isolation. A spokesman for the heavyweight champion confirmed he has not shown any signs of coronavirus. They said: “AJ is at home following government guidelines, he is fit and well.Advertisement Anthony Joshua is self-isolating at home following the news that Prince Charles has coronavirus. “He wishes everyone affected a speedy recovery and a huge thank you to all the front line key workers.” Earlier this week, WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO champ Joshua tweeted: “Hi guys, hope everyone’s staying safe. “It’s humbling to see people giving their everything right now to keep us sage. Shout out to everyone on the front-line. “We see you, we appreciate you, we thank you and we’re in awe of you.” Read Also:Boxing: Pulev Happy To Fight Joshua With No Fans In Attendance AJ is scheduled to fight Kubrat Pulev at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on June 20. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

first_imgFranklin County, In. — Three students suffered minor injuries in a car/school bus crash on Tuesday on U.S. 52 just west of State Road 121.A report from the sheriff’s department says Scott Gray, 23, of Laurel, was eastbound on State Road 121 when he became distracted and struck the back of a school bus driven by Cole Meyers, 21, of Laurel, while students were preparing to board.The investigation determined the bus had the amber flashing lights eliminated, but the collision occurred before the red lights and stop arm had been deployed.Three teenagers were transported to Fayette Regional Hospital with minor injuries.last_img read more