Tags : 湖南涉外妹子服务

first_imgGovernors Urge Federal Government to Increase LIHEAP Funding to $1Bfor New England StatesRequest Sharp Increase in Funds to Assist Most Vulnerable this WinterWaterbury, VT-At an energy summit held by the New England Governors’ Conference, Inc. (NEGC) July 9, Governor Jim Douglas and his regional counterparts urged the federal government to increase federal Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) funding to $1 billion for the New England states this winter.In a letter sent to President Bush, Congressional leadership, and Senators McCain and Obama, the governors illustrate that the requested funding, a sharp increase from last year’s federal budget, is desperately needed to support low-income families in the upcoming heating season. They note that since the winter of 2005-2006, the price of home heating oil in New England has jumped 87%, and natural gas prices have also risen steeply. In order to deliver the same amount of fuel to New England eligible households as LIHEAP provided in 2005-06, assuming a likely increase in the number of households that will apply for needed assistance, LIHEAP funding for New England states would need to be increased to $1 billion.”Many Vermont families-indeed, many New England families-rely on the heating assistance provided by the LIHEAP program, particularly in this time of soaring fuel prices,” said Governor Douglas. “No Vermonter should be cold in his or her home this winter, or any winter. Through my new Food and Fuel Partnership, my administration is marshalling all our state’s resources to ensure all Vermonters are able to weather the perfect storm of rising food, fuel and transportation prices.”Thanks to the financial commitments made by Governor Douglas and the Vermont legislature, last year Vermont provided the most generous LIHEAP benefit in the country, averaging approximately $1169 per household, with approximately 23,000 households served.”Ensuring that the LIHEAP program remains strong for the many families it serves is a key component of the Governor’s Food and Fuel Partnership,” said Agency of Human Services Secretary Cynthia D. LaWare. “With so many Vermont and New England residents facing the very real prospect of being unable to heat their homes this winter, we need unwavering support from our federal partners in addition to the state’s efforts to ensure our most vulnerable families are able to keep their families warm.”The New England Governors further noted that all of their states are mobilizing resources to address the coming heating crisis, including establishing programs to replace inefficient furnaces, and significantly expanding the installation of insulation, programmable thermostats, thermal windows, weather stripping, and energy efficient appliances. However, these measures alone will not be enough to address the immediate needs of vulnerable families this winter.The NEGC also called on the federal government to take action to protect New England’s most vulnerable residents through a variety of other measures. These include significantly increasing funding for the federal Weatherization Program; increasing TANF block grants to allow for family supplemental payments for greater utility and heating costs; allowing Medicaid rules to cover increasing energy costs for programs and services that are provided in 24/7 facilities such as group homes and residential care and nursing facilities; and, increasing social services block grants to cover additional costs of transportation and energy for center-based care, such as child-care centers.The New England Governors’ Conference, Inc., is a non-partisan, non-profit corporation, and includes the Governors of Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. The NEGC coordinates regional policy programs in the areas of economic development, transportation, environment, energy, and health.#####last_img read more

first_img 56SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr continue reading » An Atlanta business owner was sentenced to three years in prison last week for running a home equity loan fraud scheme that led to losses of nearly $3 million for the $82 billion Navy Federal Credit Union.U. S. District Judge Claude M. Hilton also ordered Thomas Scott Brown, 47, to pay $2.7 million in restitution and to serve five years of supervised released following his prison term. He pleaded guilty in May to one felony count of bank fraud and one felony count to making a false statement to a financial institution.Federal prosecutors said Brown ran an investment properties company in Macon, Ga.Starting in June 2006 Brown purchased properties for buyers with his own money, used a law firm that specialized in real estate transactions to transfer ownership to the buyers and claimed they paid him in full for the properties.  However, the properties, some of them foreclosed, were still owned by Brown, prosecutors said in court documents.last_img read more

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: If Sri Lanka has nightmares on their current tour of New Zealand, then it will be because of Tom Latham. The left-handed opener had created history by becoming only the second New Zealand player after Glenn Turner in history to carry the bat through the innings in Wellington. His score of 264 was the highest by an individual batsman while carrying his bat through the innings. In Christchurch, latham slammed his second century of the series as his magnificent 176, combined with Henry Nicholls’ 162* helped New Zealand reach 585/4 declared to set Sri Lanka an improbable target of 660 with two days to spare. Latham’s knock has shattered plenty of records in this two-Test series.Latham’s magnificent knock took his series aggregate to 450 runs in three innings, which is the 11th most by any player in a two-Test series. Sri Lanka’s Sanath Jayasuriya leads the tally with 571 runs in two Tests during the 1997 series. In that series, he scored 340 and 199 in two Tests at the Premadasa stadium and the Sinhalese Sports Club. Latham’s tally is the second-most by a New Zealand player in a two-Test series behind Brendon McCullum’s 535 during the series against India in 2014. In that series, McCullum blasted 224 in Auckland and had created history when he became the first New Zealand player to score a triple century with his 302 in Wellington.Read More | Bumrah takes career-best figures to decimate Australia in MCG TestLatham, though, became only the second opener in history to hit 450 runs or more in a two-Test series, the first being Jayasuriya. The left-hander became the first New Zealand opener to hit 600 runs in a calendar year three times while he also hit a score of 150+ on three different occasions, which is also the first for a New Zealand opener.Read More | Watch – Kohli tries to run four, Pujara barely manages threeLatham’s magnificent form has ensured New Zealand cannot lose the match in Christchurch. With Sri Lanka stumbling at 24/2, New Zealand need another eight wickets to win a fourth consecutive series but Sri Lanka will be hoping that they can produce a similar fightback like they did in Wellington when Angelo Mathews and Kusal Mendis slammed fifties to secure an unlikely draw. last_img read more