first_imgREPORTSBrian Mc Cormick Cup Semi-Final Milford United 4 St. Catherines 1What transpired in the second half of this match could not have been predicted going on the play in the opening period. For the first forty five minutes the sole talking point was Gary Merritt’s chance which the normally lethal striker uncharacteristically missed. That was soon forgotten however as Paddy Peoples gave Milford the lead ten minutes after the restart when he scored after Joey Cullen had headed on a corner kick into the St. Catherines’ penalty area. Ten minutes later it was 2-0 as Adam Serrinha headed home at the back post. Joey Cullen then played a one two with PJ Hagan and the former calmly slotted past the St. Catherines’ netminder to make it three nil. Darren Mc Laughlin then added a fourth as Milford United completed out-fired St. Catherines who got a consolation goal near the end through Barry Rose. Milford United will now contest The Brian Mc Cormick Final with Castlefin Celtic who defeated Glenea United in the other semi-final.The Saturday League Cup FinalDrumkeen United 2 Glencar Celtic 1 Drumkeen United won this new competition which is for “Saturday League Teams” only. They defeated Glencar Celtic who will now turn their attention to the Voodoo Venue Cup Final which takes place on Saturday 7th May, the climax of the Saturday League season.The Saturday League Shield FinalDrumbar F.C. 1 Mulroy Celtic 2Mulroy Celtic won this Shield Final which was played at Orchard Park, Convoy. They defeated Drumbar F.C. in the decider by two goals to one.Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionKildrum Tigers 0 Gweedore Celtic 0 Played under near perfect conditions at Station Road both teams battled out to share the spoils. Gweedore started brighter and put Kildrum under a bit of pressure early on and nearly got in behind a couple times due to defensive errors. Kildrum started to come into the game after 15 minutes and started to put a couple of good phases together. Kildrum made a switch after half time and pushed two men up front and started to get a lot of joy. They went close after 60 minutes through Mc Intyre and Cole. They had a great chance after 68 minutes when Crossan pulled back to Cole who rattled the crossbar from close range. Kildrum had another easy chance when Lynch slipped in Brown who saw his shot saved by Mc Kelvey and Colhoun’s follow up was saved on the line by a defender. Kildrum thought they won it in injury time but a great effort by McKinney was saved again. Gweedore battled hard but never created chances and Kildrum will have to rue missed chances for the third game in a rowCappry Rovers 1 Drumoghill F.C. 3Drumoghill F.C. moved a step closer to winning the Brian Mc Cormick Premier Division when they had a 3-1 victory over Cappry Rovers in Cappry Park. The visitors took a fifth minute lead following a corner, Ray Quinn scored from close range. Cappry created a few chances but the visitors defence held firm. Drumoghill increased their lead in the thirty fifth minute when the Cappry defence failed to clear their lines and Pajo Lafferty nipped in to score. Cappry’s Luke O’ Farrell had a free kick which went just over the bar. Drumoghill scored their third goal in the forty second minute when Pajo Lafferty won the ball to score with a low shot to the bottom corner of the net. Cappry put the pressure on in the second half in search of a goal but could find no way past the strong visitors defence. Cappry got a goal back in the seventy second minute when Conor Mc Bride scored following a corner. Cappry pushed looking for a second but to no avail. A team Performance from Cappry. Gerald Mc Granaghan and Phillip White were best for Drumoghill. Referee: Ed. Moore.Brian Mc Cormick Cup Semi-Final Castlefin Celtic 3 Glenea United 2Castlefin Celtic won the first half of this match and went in at half time with a valuable two goal lead thanks to goals from Damien Mc Annaney and JP Malley. Glenea United dominated the second half and with only minutes remaining they had cancelled out the deficit as goals from Lee O’ Brien and Dean Mc Carry put the sides level. Diamond Park was alive with Cup Match fever as extra time looked inevitable. But just as match referee Paddy Martin was checking his watches up popped JP Malley to grab his second goal of the game and send his side through to the Final where they will meet Milford United who came through the other side of the draw and defeated St. Catherines in the other semi-final on Friday night last.RESULTSBrian Mc Cormick Cup Semi-FinalMilford United 4 v 1 St. CatherinesThe Saturday League Cup FinalDrumkeen United 2 v 1 Glencar CelticThe Saturday League Shield FinalDrumbar F.C. 1 v 2 Mulroy CelticBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionKildrum Tigers 0 v 0 Gweedore CelticCappry Rovers 1 v 3 Drumoghill F.C.Brian Mc Cormick Cup Semi-FinalCastlefin Celtic 3 v 2 Glenea UnitedFIXTURESSunday 1st May 2016 K.O. 2 p.m.Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionGlenea United v Kildrum TigersKilmacrennan Celtic v Cappry RoversDivision One / Division TwoPromotion / Relegation Play-OffDeele Harps v Cranford United, Diamond Park, Ballyare K.O. 2 p.m.Temple Domestic Appliances Division One2nd / 3rd Place Play-OffConvoy Arsenal v Donegal Town, “The Moss”, Drumoghill K.O. 2 p.m.Wednesday 4th May 2016 7.p.m.Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionCappry Rovers v Kildrum TigersDONEGAL LEAGUE: ALL THE REPORTS, RESULTS AND FIXTURES was last modified: April 24th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img