Harris County Police Department(DALLAS) — A man accused of shooting at female drivers in Texas allegedly “held a very dim view of women,” according to court documents.The suspect, 29-year-old Nicholas D’Agostino, was first arrested in July for allegedly shooting a woman who was driving next to him, the Harris County Sheriff’s Office said.The woman said she saw a possible green Ford Explorer driving next to her when she was shot in the arm on July 10, authorities said.She was hospitalized in stable condition, the sheriff’s office said.D’Agostino “held a very dim view of women,” according to one sheriff’s office deputy, who cited conversations with the suspect as well as social media posts, according to the probable cause complaint.On Facebook D’Agostino allegedly “rants and rambles on about female motorists and how incompetent they are and that their sole purpose is to give birth to male children,” a deputy said, according to the state’s motion for high bond.The deputy felt D’Agostino presented “a grave danger” to the community, and particularly to women on the road, according to the court document. Investigators reviewed video of the July incident and noticed “distinctive features” on the suspect’s car, the sheriff’s office said, and tracked down D’Agostino, the owner of a car with matching features.D’Agostino was interviewed and allegedly said he shot the woman because she was “swerving into his lane twice and he believed it was self-defense,” the sheriff’s office said. D’Agostino also allegedly admitted to having been involved in at least five other similar situations at which he shot at another car, according to the sheriff’s office.Authorities only knew of one other similar incident: a shooting from March 7 in Harris County, according to court documents.In the March shooting, a woman was leaving a gas station when she heard a loud noise and felt a pain in her arm, according to court documents.She said she saw a white man in a dark green, older SUV look at her. As the vehicle drove away “it appeared he was looking to see if he had hit her,” according to the probable cause complaint. She didn’t realize until later she had been shot, the documents said.D’Agostino was first arrested in July and is now charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to the sheriff’s office.“The family is just as sorry as they can be,” D’Agostino’s attorney, Kenneth Mingledorff, told ABC station KTRK in Houston. “They’re wonderful people and they’re very, very sorry for any problems or pain this has caused anyone.”Mingledorff did not immediately respond to ABC News’ request for comment.D’Agostino is in custody and is next due in court for an arraignment on Sept. 6, according to court records.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Maguire is yet to return for pre-season (Picture: Getty)Maguire is yet to return to pre-season for Leicester having been given an extra week off after representing England in the Uefa Nations League.The 26-year-old is thought to be open to a move, but has not asked Leicester to leave.The latest development comes amid news Arsenal too have made an enquiry to sign Maguire.MORE: Arsenal enquire about Manchester United target Harry Maguire Comment Coral BarryWednesday 3 Jul 2019 5:01 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link Advertisement Leicester City tell Manchester United Harry Maguire will cost at least £90million Advertisement Leicester City are demanding £90m for the defender (Picture: Getty)Solskjaer is determined to build his United around young, homegrown talent and has identified Maguire as the man to rejuvenate his leaky defence.AdvertisementAdvertisementBut the Foxes have made it clear United will need to pay a record fee to secure the services of Maguire.The £75m Liverpool paid Southampton for Virgil van Dijk stands as the record figure spent on a centre-back. Maguire is wanted by City and United (Picture: Getty)Manchester United have been told Harry Maguire will cost at least £90million this summer, according to reports.The Red Devils reportedly made an improved offer of £70m for the centre-back on Tuesday, but Leicester City have denied they have received such a bid.The Telegraph claim Leicester will not accept a bid less than £90m for Maguire and have told United to raise their bid or forget about signing the England international.United have been locked in talks with Leicester, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer desperate to sign Maguire.ADVERTISEMENT
In a ‘multiyear partnership’, esports tournament and league organiser ESEN eSports has announced a deal with Sportradar to ‘collect and distribute audio-visual and data content across competitions’.Joakim Stenberg, ESEN eSportsThis includes the CS:GO King of Nordic tournament. Sportradar’s Fraud Detection System, which analyses betting patterns from more than 600 operators globally, will also be used to monitor all these competitions with the aim being to identify instances of match-fixing. Sportradar will be the exclusive worldwide provider of betting audio-visual streams and transmissions for matches played within ESEN eSports competitions. Sportradar, which operates across numerous sports and is partnered with the likes of the NHL, NFL, the NBA, FIFA and plenty more, will also distribute all the official data from the tournament organiser’s competitions. ESEN eSports CEO Joakim Stenberg had this to say on the matter: “By establishing this partnership with Sportradar, we have established developed a new source of revenue for the company but we have also unlocked a range of content opportunities that will increase insight and improve engagement in the matches and competitions we are hosting.“I am especially proud to have put the Fraud Detection System in place. This is such a critical piece of the deal and will give priceless peace of mind to players, coaches and our spectators and fans wherever they are watching.”Mark Balch, Esports Product Manager at Sportradar, added: “Following our award for Best Esports Supplier at the end of last year, we have seen a real spike in interest from both esports competitions organisers who want to get broad and credible engagement, as well as betting operators who want the richest mix of leagues, tournaments and competitions in their offering, safeguarded by our peerless Fraud Detection System.“It is an exciting time in esports and we are delighted that key stakeholders in the esports ecosystem recongise our unique propsition and our commitment to safeguarding the integrity of all competitions we work with”.Esports Insider says: Another deal in the bag for Sportradar in the Great War of esports tournaments data rights. ESEN’s King of Nordic tournament is a popular one in, no prizes here, the Nordic region for CS:GO and it has partners including HyperX, Samsung and more so it’s a nice addition for Sportradar.
Rua gained top position on the ground toward the start of the round and managed to keep it for most of the remaining three minutes.Join DAZN and watch more than 100 fight nights a yearEven into the third, Pedro stumbled slightly on his injured leg. Shogun didn’t waste a second jumping on the opening, and 30 seconds later he had the win. Join DAZN and watch more than 100 fight nights a yearPedro was limping on an injured right leg going into the third and deciding round. With his movement compromised, Pedro was dropped and Rua pounced with brutal ground and pound.Referee Steve Percival was forced to step in and stop the action after 43 seconds of the last round.”Tyson is a great fighter, a well-rounded, very tough guy,” Shogun said post-fight. “There was a lot of pressure, but I used it as motivation. I have been doing this for 16 years, it’s what I love to do and I’m going to train even harder now to come back and keep doing this for you guys.”Pedro rocked Rua two minutes in, but was caught on the way in looking for a finish.Getting his shots off first in each exchange, Pedro quickly drew blood from Rua’s nose and mouth. MMA legend @ShogunRua w/ the upset in Adelaide#UFCAdelaide pic.twitter.com/8b07DTF2DU— UFC Aus/New Zealand (@UFC_AUSNZ) December 2, 2018 A famous knockout win was within his reach with two minutes left in the round after landing another crushing combination, finishing with a knee to the jaw. The fence was the only thing keeping Rua on his feet as Pedro went in for the kill, but the veteran managed to hang on.Rua opened the second round aggressively, showing he wasn’t out of it by sending Pedro into the cage with straight right hand. ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA — UFC veteran Mauricio “Shogun” Rua has shown there’s life in the old dog yet, earning a third-round TKO win over Tyson Pedro in the co-main event at UFC Adelaide.After nearly being stopped in the first round, Shogun bounced back in the second, dominating on the ground.