Tags : 夜上海论坛FN

first_imgPlayers need assurance that they would not face mandatory quarantine upon returning to Europe from the US Open before travelling to New York amid the COVID-19 pandemic.Former world number one Andy Murray made this disclosure in an interview granted in London. Organisers, United States Tennis Association, will set up a strict bio-security “bubble” to minimise the risk of contracting the novel coronavirus during the Grand Slam.The competition is due to be played from August 31 to September 13.The Western and Southern Open, which was relocated from Cincinnati this year because of COVID-19, will also be held in New York from August 20 to 28.It will serve as a tune-up for the hard court Grand Slam.Mandatory quarantine would rule out players’ participation in other ATP and WTA clay court events scheduled in Europe before the French Open from the end of September. The two major clay court events in the lead up to Roland Garros are in Madrid (September 13 to 20) and Rome (September 20 to 27).While Spain does not require mandatory quarantine, Italy will need travelers to quarantine for 14 days if coming from the US.The USTA has said the organisers are working with relevant authorities to resolve issues.“My understanding is that it would be sorted before we go to the US. But things can change in the next 10 to 12 days,” Murray said.“Hopefully before we leave, the players will have the assurances that, when they come back from the US, they won’t have to quarantine for two weeks. “If that is the case, and if you do well in the US Open, you can’t just arrive on the Sunday before the French Open starts on the Monday. That’s not going to work.”The US has over 4.68 million confirmed cases of COVID-19, with more than 155,000 deaths.Murray, a three-times Grand Slam winner, has not played competitively since November due to hip problems.But he took part in some exhibition events recently with the professional circuit shut.RelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians The 33-year-old said he was willing to take the travel “risk” as he missed playing in big events.“(With)  the situation I’ve been in the last few years, I’ve not had opportunity to play in many Slams. I don’t know how many I’ll have left,” Murray said.“So, while I’m feeling relatively decent … obviously there is a risk there. But I want to try and play in them and enjoy the biggest events again.”Reuters/NAN.Tags: Andy MurrayCOVID-19Quarantine issuesUS Openlast_img read more

first_imgThe “Bubba Rope” is a reference to the noose a Richard Petty Motorsports team member found in Bubba Wallace’s garage stall at Talladega Superspeedway on Sunday. Both NASCAR and the FBI investigated the matter and determined no hate crime had been committed against Wallace because the noose had been in place since October 2019.MORE: NASCAR explains its noose investigationFulp’s post was criticized in the comments section before it was removed.”This incident of racism is horrific and shameful,” said Ford Porter, the governor’s deputy communications director, via the Winston-Salem Journal. “North Carolina is better than this.” A spokesman for North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper on Thursday condemned a racist Facebook post from the owner of a race track in the state.Mike Fulp, who owns 311 Speedway in Pine Hall, N.C., advertised a “Bubba Rope” for sale on Facebook Marketplace. The listing was posted Wednesday and removed Thursday, according to The Associated Press. It included the description, “Buy your Bubba Rope today for only $9.99 each, they come with a lifetime warranty and work great.” Mike Fulp’s “Bubba Rope” post https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/f5/12/bubba-rope-062620_1mrqz92vcdd4r16rv7yqy6u9rx.png?t=-243765054&w=500&quality=80311 Speedway is a half-mile dirt track located just off highway 311 in the north-central portion of the state.The Journal reported Saturday that 311 Speedway had lost a couple partnerships in the wake of Fulp’s post — one from a concrete company and the other from a driver series.NASCAR said the investigation into the noose found in Wallace’s garage stall revealed that it was placed at some point during its 2019 Talladega race weekend. Troubled by the fact that it was not alerted of the noose’s presence earlier, NASCAR is implementing industry-wide sensitivity and unconscious bias training and installing additional cameras in garages at its tracks.”NASCAR conducted a thorough sweep of all the garage areas across the tracks where we race,” NASCAR president Steve Phelps said Thursday. “So across those 29 tracks, and 1,684 garage stalls, we found only 11 total that had a pull-down rope tied into a knot.”And only one noose — the one discovered Sunday in Bubba Wallace’s garage.”MORE: All the facts of the Bubba Wallace noose case (Winston-Salem Journal) NASCAR has released a clear photo of the noose found in Bubba Wallace’s garage stall.https://t.co/DdkCWRvrA1— Sporting News (@sportingnews) June 25, 2020Wallace, 26 and the only Black driver in NASCAR’s three national series, has been taking heat for what was a misunderstanding on the part of his own Richard Petty Motorsports race team and NASCAR.”You get backlash every day,” Wallace said Tuesday night on CNN hours after the FBI and NASCAR announced the findings of their investigation. “I’m used to it. It stings a little bit worse when they’re trying to test your character.”Amid global protests of racial injustice, Wallace a few weeks ago led a group of drivers who pushed to have NASCAR ban the Confederate flag from tracks. NASCAR on June 10 did just that, announcing it would no longer allow the display of the flag at any of its events or properties.last_img read more

first_imgThe proposal includes the construction, operation and decommissioning of an underground coal mine, as well as accompanying infrastructure like a 5.8 kilometre rail load-out. It would produce six million tonnes of metallurgical coal per year for an estimated 31 years.Draft Environmental Impact Statement Guidelines have been drawn up and are available for public viewing online, as well as at public libraries in Dawson Creek, Tumbler Ridge and Chetwynd. The document identifies the potential environmental effects to be taken into consideration and the information and analysis that need to be included in the proponent’s EIS.Comments on this stage of the EA must be submitted by June 30, 2013 to:- Advertisement -Murray River Coal Project Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency 410-701 West Georgia Street Vancouver, BC V7Y 1C6 Telephone: 604-666-2431 Fax: 604-666-6990 [email protected] will be two more opportunities after this one for the public to comment on this project.Advertisementlast_img read more

first_imgSalary sacrifice arrangements are very simple, highly effective and potentially beneficial to both employee and employer. It is almost too good to be true.At the heart of a salary sacrifice arrangement is an agreement between an employer and an employee to change the terms of the employment contract to reduce the employee’s entitlement to cash pay. This sacrifice of cash entitlement is usually made in return for some form of non-cash benefit such as more holidays, a better car or enhanced health insurance.Salary sacrifice can be financially beneficial for both employer and employee. For example, when part of an employee’s remuneration shifts from cash, on which tax and national insurance contributions (NICs) are due, to non-cash benefits that are wholly or partially exempt from NICs, both sides can be better off.While simple in principle, and capable of being changed, suitable documentation is required. If an employee wants to opt in or out of a salary sacrifice arrangement, their employer must alter their contract with each change. Employees’ contracts must be clear on what their cash and non-cash entitlements are and, once the entitlements are clear, it is the employer’s responsibility to make sure that they pay and deduct the right amount of tax and NICs for cash and benefits.Following the significant increase in salary sacrifice arrangements over the years, the government is becoming concerned about the potential loss of NICs. Concerns were raised in the Summer Budget, and the government announced in the Autumn Statement 2015 that it was launching consultation among employers, which seems likely to form part of a wider evidence-gathering process on the use of salary sacrifice.At present, there is no clear indication as to which way the Treasury is likely to move. With the prospect that income tax and NIC maybe harmonised in the foreseeable future, it is unlikely that Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) will remove any of the tax advantages from salary sacrifice.However, HMRC is almost certain to take a tougher approach to ensuring that every detail of salary sacrifice schemes is implemented correctly, whether or not the harmonisation of income tax and NIC actually happens. Employer failures in implementation may mean that what looks too good to be true is proved by HMRC to be just that.George Bull is senior tax partner at RSM UK Tax and Accountinglast_img read more