Samantha DelSordo, Kylie Clearkin, Devin Hamilton and Madeline Logue cheer for Erica Rolls as she’s crowned 2015 Queen Infanta. In a tradition dating back to 1929, Ocean City has chosen a Queen Infanta to preside over the annual Baby Parade (which will take place for the 106th time on Aug. 13 on the Ocean City Boardwalk).Erica Rolls, an Ocean City High School senior from Marmora, was crowned 2015 Queen Infanta in a brief ceremony Monday on the Ocean City Music Pier after the Greater Ocean City Theatre Company production of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.”Rolls is the oldest of four siblings and she said her favorite part of Ocean City is the family-oriented environment.Queen Infanta candidates are judged on their school and community involvement.Other finalists included:Kylie Clearkin, a Stockton University freshman from Ocean City.Samantha DelSordo, an Ocean City High School senior from Beesleys Point.Deven Hamilton, an Academy of Notre Dame senior from West Chester, Pa.Madeline Logue, an Ocean City High School senior from Ocean City.The new queen and her court joined the cast of “Snow White” in greeting children after the show on Monday.
Interim Executive Chair of the National Institute for Health Protection Baroness Dido Harding said: I want to thank the civic leaders of Liverpool for volunteering to join the UK’s first city-wide population testing pilot and the people of Liverpool for taking part. These tests will help identify the many thousands of people in the city who don’t have symptoms but can still infect others without knowing. Dependent on their success in Liverpool, we will aim to distribute millions of these new rapid tests between now and Christmas and empower local communities to use them to drive down transmission in their areas. It is early days, but this kind of mass testing has the potential to be a powerful new weapon in our fight against COVID-19. Eligible individuals who test positive – and contacts who are required to self-isolate – will be entitled to the £500 Test and Trace Support Payment in the same way as a regular swab test ordered through NHS Test and Trace.Whole city testing aims to protect those at highest risk and find asymptomatic cases to help prevent and reduce transmission in the community. By testing a large proportion of a single town or city more positive cases can be identified and told to self-isolate to help control the spread.Liverpool is in local COVID alert level very high and weekly cases currently stand at 410.4 per 100,000, as of 25 October. The government’s strategy is to suppress the virus while supporting the economy, education and the NHS, until an effective vaccine is widely available. Local action is at the centre of the government’s response, and engagement with local authorities is, and will continue to be, a key part of this process.Liverpool City Council will set out how residents and workers will be able to access the tests this week.Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson said: Background informationLateral flow tests are intended to detect the presence or absence of coronavirus by applying a swab from the nose and throat to a special test kit, and provide results without the need for a full scale laboratory.LAMP is a new type of testing technology which stands for loop mediated isothermal amplification, and provides the ability to deliver significant volumes of tests.PCR swab tests are the tests that have been used as the default. These tests look for the genetic code (RNA) of the virus. The test involves taking a swab of the throat and nose. The test will confirm if an individual who is showing symptoms of the virus currently has it. It will not confirm whether they have had it and have now recovered. Last month we set out our ambition to use the latest mass testing technologies to bring this virus under control. Mass testing will help us to control this virus, by finding it even before people get symptoms. I’m delighted we can now roll out mass testing to whole cities – starting with the City of Liverpool. Using half a million of the very latest rapid tests, this rollout can help suppress the virus and give residents and workers some peace of mind. I want to thank local leaders, Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson and City Region Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram, and Liverpool’s Director of Public Health Matt Ashton, who will continue to work hand in hand with our dedicated armed forces to provide tests to anyone who wants one, fully supported by NHS Test and Trace. Everyone in Liverpool can help play their part by getting a test and following the rules, including the critical basics of ‘Hands. Face. Space’. Everyone living or working in Liverpool will now be offered COVID-19 testing, whether they have symptoms or not, in the first pilot of whole city testing in England made possible by the dramatic increase in testing capacity and new technologies.At the request of and in close collaboration with local leaders, the Prime Minister is announcing the first deployment of whole city testing in order to help support the local area to find even more people with coronavirus to control the spread of the virus and gain more data on the number of cases across the city, which are already among the highest per 100,000 in the UK. Testing will begin this week.Residents and workers will be tested using a combination of existing swab tests, as well as new lateral flow tests which can rapidly turn around results within an hour without the need to be processed in a lab. Alongside the whole city testing pilot, LAMP technology is due to be deployed in Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust for NHS staff.The pilot will help to inform a blueprint for how mass testing can be achieved and how fast and reliable COVID-19 testing can be delivered at scale.Local leaders who invite mass testing will benefit from receiving a clearer picture of the number of cases across the city, enabling them to make informed decisions to manage the spread of the virus and support their communities. The greater the number of people who participate, the greater the accuracy of the local picture, which will mean better local decision-making to suppress the virus to help communities get back to doing more of the normal things they like to do.Testing will be carried out in sites across the city, including a large number of new sites determined by local leaders. There will be a variety of ways to book a test, including online, walk-up, or by invitation from the local authority. Testing will be carried out in new and existing test sites, using home kits, in hospitals and care home settings, and schools, universities and workplaces.Positive results from tests will be collected by NHS Test and Trace, and published as part of the daily case numbers, including how many positive cases are detected with this new method of testing. Results will be received from NHS Test and Trace via text and email.Anyone who tests positive, using either a lateral flow test or an existing swab test, must self-isolate along with their household immediately and their contacts will be traced. Those who test negative will need to continue to follow all national guidance.These more advanced tests will help identify infectious individuals who are not displaying symptoms and help far more positive cases so they can self-isolate and prevent the virus from spreading, in a first step towards rolling out mass testing more widely across the UK.Prime Minister Boris Johnson said: During negotiations with central government, myself and Steve Rotheram have always highlighted the need for enhanced public health intervention measures in Liverpool and the wider city region, and we were keen that we should be considered for any new strategies to tackle the worrying rise in COVID-19. We are pleased that our numerous conversations have resulted in Liverpool becoming a pilot for mass testing, which will help to quickly identify people who have the virus and reduce transmission substantially. We are seeing a slow reduction in figures in Liverpool which shows we are on the right path and residents and businesses are working together and following guidelines for the greater good. We hope this new initiative boosts our efforts, and we will continue to see the numbers of positive cases drop across the city. Health Secretary Matt Hancock said: Mass testing has the potential to enable us to find the vast majority of people who have coronavirus, regardless of whether they have symptoms or not, and therefore dramatically enhance our ability to stop the spread of the virus. This first deployment of whole city testing in Liverpool is a really important step forward and is thanks to the big increase in testing capacity and our investment in new testing technologies. NHS Test and Trace will continue to work closely with local leaders, directors of public health and the Armed Forces to ensure Liverpool residents and workers can benefit from these advances. By everyone in Liverpool coming forward to get tested, and isolating if they need to, we have a real opportunity to make a massive difference. Since the start of the pandemic, the Armed Forces have worked with colleagues across government to increase the national testing capacity. We will be deploying 2000 talented Armed Forces personnel to, once again, rise to the challenges posed by COVID-19 to ensure we go above and beyond for the Liverpool community – we will have your backs throughout the trial. The military are uniquely placed to help with the fight against COVID-19 and remain ready to support with the mass testing initiative in Liverpool along with the additional needs of the country at this time. Alongside NHS Test and Trace and commercial partners, the Ministry of Defence will supply additional military personnel to support the COVID-19 mass testing initiative in Liverpool through assisting local authorities with planning logistics locally, and delivering the additional lateral flow testing part of the programme. Roughly 2,000 personnel will be deployed from Thursday 5 November.Since the start of the pandemic, the Armed Forces have deployed specialist planners, medics and logisticians to assist with the Government response to the outbreak through the COVID Support Force. When the national testing programme launched, the Armed Forces provided invaluable support, deploying thousands of personnel at short notice across 236 mobile testing units, carrying out more than 700,000 tests. As part of the sustainable testing model for the long term, personnel were replaced with civilian operators, but Armed Forces have continued to bolster local logistics and outbreak management.Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said: Prime Minister announces new whole city testing approach to launch in Liverpool from Friday with hundreds of thousands of new, rapid turnaround tests deployed all residents and workers will be offered repeat COVID-19 testing, even if asymptomatic, to find more positive cases and break chains of transmission tests to be provided through a partnership between Liverpool City Council, NHS Test and Trace and Ministry of Defence, with logistical support from Armed Forces personnel
DepEd’s Taal challenge: 30K students displaced Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Gov’t in no rush to rescue animals in Taal Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Lack of prep time, Clarkson absence don’t concern Guiao ahead of Kazakhstan duel LATEST STORIES View comments On Twitter, Sheryl Reyes, Brownlee’s agent, posted Romero’s house bill that will act in “granting Philippine citizenship to Mr. Justin Donta Brownlee.”Justin’s dream of being a Philippine citizen is now being processed to be a reality thank you 🙏 #Brownlee pic.twitter.com/fgEZx5iRNKFEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’— Sheryl Sanchez Reyes (@FemaleAgentSR) August 15, 20181-Pacman representative Enrico Pineda, Masbate 3rd District representative Scott Davies Lanete, MD, and Bohol 2nd District Representative Erico Aristotle Aumentado are the other three signatories of Romero’s bill. MOST READ ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Barangay Ginebra forward Justin Brownlee gestures during the 2018 PBA Commissioner’s Cup Finals against San Miguel Beer. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netJustin Brownlee once said he wants to be a naturalized Filipino, and a few days after he made that wish public he’s one step closer to becoming one.Mikee Romero, the 1-Pacman party-list representative and NorthPort governor in the PBA, filed House Bill No. 8106 to endorse Brownlee’s naturalization to the lower house of the Philippine legislation.ADVERTISEMENT Brownlee said during Ginebra’s victory party after their 4-2 Commissioner’s Cup Finals series win over San Miguel that he wants to become a Filipino citizen and even San Miguel Corporation president Ramon Ang was willing to sponsor the process.READ: Brownlee wants to stay in Philippines for good“At present, he [Brownlee] continues with his efficient sportive activities and is socially active through community service,” as stated in the bill. “Justin Donta Brownlee is dependable when it comes to helping Filipinos—a true mark of a Filipino spirit and character.”Brownlee has won three PBA championships with Ginebra since making his Philippine debut in 2016.“His allegiance in this country is indubitable, his skills and competency in the field of basketball shall truly complement the entire nation,” said the bill. “Thus let Congress give him the privilege of becoming a Filipino citizen.”ADVERTISEMENT Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Peza offers relief to ecozone firms Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’